Sunday, February 17, 2019

Mike Turner Prints

While having a sort out the other day, I came across these two prints by railway artist Mike Turner.
These prints were given away in Rail Magazine during 1981 and I had completely forgotten that I still had them.
This first one is of D9003 'Meld', in two-tone green, at the head of what must be 'The Flying Scotsman' but I have no more information as to its location and date. Sadly Meld was withdrawn on 31 December 1980 and scrapped in March 1981 - about the same time that this print appeared in Rail Magazine!
This second print is of Class 40 'D301' although, again, I have no information as to the location or date. I do know that D301 was built at the EE Vulcan Foundry in November 1960 and was later renumbered 40101. Sadly she too was withdrawn, in August 1982, and was scrapped at BREL Crewe Works in December 1984.

No comments:

Post a Comment