Sunday, June 16, 2019

Hornby S&DJR 3-Coach Set

I have been wanting to acquire the Hornby Somerset and Dorset Maunsell 3-Coach Set for some time now and yesterday, at a local Model Railway Exhibition, I finally managed to lay my hands on one!
The coach pack dates from 2011 and, for some reason, it passed me by when it first appeared but, now, I have finally been able to add these coaches to the collection.
The first of the three coaches is the 4-Compartment, 3rd Class Brake, both sides of which are shown above. This coach has the Running Nº: S3214S.
Next is the Corridor Composite Coach (above), with the Running Nº: S5138S.
Finally we have a second 4-Compartment, 3rd Class Brake, with the Running Nº: S3215S.
These are great coaches that will definitely be used on the railway. 
They will go well with any of our S&D locomotives and, especially, the BR Standard 4MT, the tender of which can just be seen in the first two photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment